The SIG investment platform offers capital partners access to acquisition and operational expertise that generate superior risk-adjusted returns through experienced, time-tested real estate operators who are among the best in their niche market.
As a talent-driven program, SIG only partners and invest with operating company sponsors that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Unique access to deal flow
- Deep and experienced management teams
- Proven historical track records of investment success
- Scalable investment strategies and operating platforms
- Potential to outperform established investment management firms and industry benchmarks
- Commitment to developing long-term relationships with our investors
- A highly entrepreneurial culture and mindset that allows us capitalize on opportunities
Our Investment Strategies
Private equity real estate funds generally follow one of three strategies when making investments. Depending on the investor’s goals, each of our investments will follow one of these strategies:
- Core Plus: A moderate risk/moderate return strategy. The fund will generally invest in core properties however some of these properties will require some form of enhancement or value-added element.
- Value-Added: A medium-to-high risk/medium-to-high return strategy. It will involve buying a property, improving it in some way and selling it at an opportune time for a gain. Properties are considered value-added when they exhibit management or operational problems, require physical improvement, and/or suffer from capital constraints.
- Opportunistic: A high risk/ high return strategy. The properties will require a high degree of enhancement. This strategy may also involve investments in development, raw land, and niche property sectors. Investments are tactical.